Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's Not About Us

I woke up this morning with a pit in the bottom of my stomach. I was scheduled to speak in a women's bible study group of about 40-50 women that I have been attending, and felt more nervous than all of the churches we have presented in to this point! I had to keep reminding myself, "this isn't about me God, it's about you." When I arrived at the church and started setting up, I wasn't able to get the powerpoint working correctly. I started to panic. Frantically, Matt and I tried to troubleshoot it over the phone, but to no avail. He ended up having to wake Callie from her nap and quickly drop her off at the neighbor's house. He raced to the church and we were able to get it working just in time.

I think this process has given me a few grey hairs along the way, but God is faithful. Afterwards the women showered me with hugs, encouragement, and excitement about the ministry that God has called us into. Some even had tears in their eyes. I was overwhelmed with love and kind words from these precious women of God.

This year has not been an easy one. We have been challenged in every way and have faced discouragement, exhaustion, and the feeling of overwhelming weakness. But God has proved time and time again that it is in our brokenness, our nervousness, our weakness, that his power is able to sweep through and accomplish his mighty works. This isn't about us. If he can use weak, fearful Moses to demonstrate his power, he can most assuredly use us.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:


"This is what God the Lord says - he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. Isaiah 42:5-7