Saturday, June 2, 2012

Setbacks

Unfortunately since we arrived back in Spokane we have been hit with some frustrating setbacks. The day before we left Arizona, my (Ellie) back went out and I could barely move. We weren't sure if we'd even be able to fly home but we forced it because we really needed to get back. I won't lie, it was a horrible day of travel. I was in excruciating pain the entire time, almost passed out at check in, and Callie had to miss a nap and was pretty difficult, but we made it. Since then I've been bedridden for several days without much improvement. Thankfully my parents came the day after arriving home and have been a huge help.

In addition, today was supposed to be the day to tackle our house/yard projects in preparation to sell and we woke up to rain! People from the church came to help but there wasn't much we could do since most of the projects that need to be done are outside. We will get it all done when it gets done I guess. In the meantime we need to just trust that God has good reasons for all of these things.

We could really use prayer for healing for my back. It's hard not to feel completely discouraged as this has been an ongoing issue. I'm still working with a physical therapist to build my core strength, but the fact that I am pregnant doesn't help the issue (the hormones cause the joints/ligaments to be loose).

Please also continue to pray that we can overcome the obstacles to selling the house and moving out, and for peace during this time.

Thank you to all who are a part of this journey with us, and for your prayer and encouragement!

4 comments:

lizcraciun said...

Oh Ellie, I'm so sorry! Praying for healing, encouragement, strength, and for all the details with the house to work out in God's perfect way.

Scheers said...

Thank you so much Liz! We appreciate it SOOOO much.

Barb Snyder said...

Has heat been of any help? Trusting God is a daily, sometimes hourly, way of living - praising Him in the midst of the turmoil makes sense, even when the rest of life may not... Love to all of you!

Scheers said...

You are right Barb, He deserves praise even when we don't feel like it!


"This is what God the Lord says - he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. Isaiah 42:5-7