Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chocolate Chips and Ear Plugs

One night, after a full day of Christmas baking, I (Ellie) had a dream. I felt something small and round between my fingertips. When I looked down, I realized "hey I have a chocolate chip in my hand!" Slowly my hand brought the chocolate chip up to my mouth and popped it in. But then I noticed that something wasn't right.....this didn't taste like a chocolate chip at all. It was then that I woke up to find....yep, you guessed it....a flourescent orange wax ear plug ...in....my...mouth!!!

As we prepare for Indonesia it's funny to think about all the odd things we need to bring, like ear plugs. We've heard that Indonesia is a noisy place and ear plugs are hard to come by. For those of you that know me, you know that I NEED my sleep. So, we bought about 25 packs of ear plugs to last an entire term. Crazy, you say? Maybe. But sleep is one thing we don't want to be worrying about in the midst of a brand new culture, not knowing the language (if we can help it). Let's just hope I don't have any more dreams about chocolate chips.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good thing you didn’t swallow the whole ear plug. I hope you’re now well-adjusted to the new place. Always bring your ear plugs with you wherever you move; you’ll never know when you’ll find yourself sleeping in a noisy neighborhood. Freeman @ EarPeace.com


"This is what God the Lord says - he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. Isaiah 42:5-7