Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Candidacy Update - by Ellie

Yesterday was our first day of classes for our Candidate class here at the MAF headquarters in Nampa. I came down with a high fever and chills on Sunday and unfortunately was unable to attend the Monday morning classes. However after talking with my doctor's office back home, I was able to get some antibiotics and today I am feeling quite a bit better. I was able to make it to the afternoon skype session with the director of the Africa programs. It was so good to be able to ask questions about the programs and life in Africa. Today we learned about the programs in Indonesia and were very impressed.

With all of the craziness of this last few weeks I'll admit that I haven't thought much about the big decision ahead...where will God send us? Now that we are learning about the overseas programs it is hitting us full force. We will find out in just days!!! There are so many issues to take into account when considering where to send us, such as where our passions and desires are, what areas have the most need, what my profession is and whether I can use it, what bases would best fit our personalities in regards to remoteness and community....these are just a few. Please pray for God's direction in where we go, both for us and for the Candidate Committee making the decisions. So far we are still open and do not have a definite place in mind. Thanks to all who have been praying already!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for all of you and hope that the kids do well while you're out there and that you get better soon!!

Can't wait to see all of you!!

EM

Elizabeth said...

What an exhausting and exciting time. We are praying for you during your time there, and even more specifically for the kids and for your assignment. Can't wait to hear more!


"This is what God the Lord says - he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. Isaiah 42:5-7